Hearing Loops n the news
Induction Loop Systems
Induction Loop Receivers
Induction Loop Testing Equipment
Ambient Noise Compensation
Sound Field System Accessory
Multisensory Sound Lab
Loop Systems & Accessories
Pricing & Ordering
Bridging Satellite III Induction
III loop amplifiers, it is possible to substantially increase maximum
coverage, from 325 feet (6,600 SF) to 500
feet (15,600 SF).
bridging two Satellite III amplifiers:
- Maximum loop wire
perimeter per bridged pair of amplifiers should not exceed 500 feet.
- Only the 14G wire
supplied with the system should be used for the actual loop…one 500
- Two conductor 14G
lead in wire (not supplied) may be used to connect the amplifiers to
wire if the distance is not greater than 50 feet.
- 12G wire should
be used for lead in runs of 50 to 100 feet.
- 10G lead in wire
should be used for runs exceeding 100 feet.
- The total
run of wire,
including lead in to
the amplifiers, should be at least 500 feet to maintain proper loading
- Ideal DC
resistance of the lead in + loop wire is 1.5 to 1.7 Ohms (the Ohm meter
lead resistance should be subtracted from the measurement).
circulation when rack mounting, locate the two amplifiers so that there
least 1 inch of space between the amplifiers, and 1 inch above and
III installation and set up directions, please refer to the Satellite
yourself with the Satellite III rear panel layout as shown:
- AC power cord
- Switched outlet, 2A maximum
- Paralleled unbalanced phono jack
- Equalization adjustment (preset
to maximum, fully counterclockwise)
- Balanced input terminal strip
- Phase invert switch for bridging
two Satellite IIIs, must be switched to opposite
settings (e.g. first amplifier switch pressed in on top,
second amplifier switch pressed in on bottom)
- Loop wire
Please refer to the
above illustration for the following instructions (you may click on the
image for an enlarged version):
- Connect a length of 14G wire between the “C” terminals (#7)
- Connect one end of the loop lead in wire to one of the
amplifier’s 1 Ohm output terminals (#7).
- Connect the other end of the loop lead in wire to the other amplifier’s 1 Ohm output terminal
- Set the rocker switch (#6) on both amplifiers to opposite settings.
- Plug one end of the supplied patch cord into either one of
the inputs (#3) of the first amplifier.
- Plug the other end of the patch cord into either of the
inputs (#3) of the second amplifier.
- Insert the audio line level signal source into either
amplifier’s open input jacks (#3). If
the balanced inputs are needed, the individual terminals will need to
paralleled and connected to the balanced line level signal source.
- Check that the equalization trimmer (#4) is set fully counterclockwise on both
- Plug the amplifiers’ AC cords into outlets rated at least
15A. Total load of both Satellite IIIs
not exceed 6A.
- Check that the Volume and Limiter controls of both
amplifiers are set to 0.
- Switch on the power to both amplifiers.
- Send an audio feed signal to the amplifiers that represents
a typical maximum signal level/normal operating level (e.g. “0” on the
the sound system’s mixer or comfortable listening volume).
- Simultaneously increase Volume controls on both loop
amplifiers until the amplifiers’ Peak LEDs illuminate brightly and
continuously. At this point, both Volume
controls should be
approximately set to the same setting.
- Simultaneously increase the Limiter controls on both
loop amplifiers until the
amplifiers’ Peak LED softens and lights up brightly on signal peaks.
- Using the Induction Loop Receiver supplied with the system,
hold it in an upright, vertical position and walk around the looped
listening to the signal. The loop signal
should be clear and free of distortion.
- At the approximate center of the looped area, the Induction
Loop Receiver’s LED should light up at the signal peaks, indicating
field strength. For information on more
exacting measurements and installation certification, please contact us
concerning the FSM Induction Loop Test Set.
IF THERE IS NO OUTPUT
FROM THE LOOP
that the phase invert
switches (#6) are
switched to opposite settings.
that the phase invert
switches on both
amplifiers are fully pressed in to
their required settings.
Oval Window Audio Today
If you have any questions about the Satellite III large
loop system, simply e-mail us directly. One of our
will get back to you promptly. Just e-mail your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Page // About
Us // Hearing Loops // Induction Loop Assistive Listening
// Induction Loop Receivers // Induction
Loop Testing Equipment // Ambient Noise
// Sound Field System Accessory // Vibrotactile/Multisensory
Sound Lab // Related Articles // Loop
Systems Accessories Pricing & Ordering // Contact Us
This site created with the help of The
Write Direction, Kauai, HI.